Here I go, using the all-encompassing “things” again. But it’s early in the week and it’s dreary and I’m having a MECFS flareup, so that’s all I have, I’m sad to say. And because it’s early in the week and it’s dreary, I thought it might be nice to share those items, situations, occurrences that give me hope. Perhaps it’ll spark a memory for you, and do the same. They are in no particular order.
- Being out and about in a city as it wakes up for the day.
- Relaxing with an early morning cup of coffee.
- Warm summer mornings.
- Dog snuggles. With any amenable dog, not even just my own.
- Waking up in a new town or city on vacation.
- A good belly laugh. The kind where you laugh so hard you cry. Especially when it serves as a bonding moment with someone else.
- Falling asleep to the sound of the rain.
- Standing on top of a mountain after a hike, seeing everything below
- Quality time with loved ones
- Participating in activities that remind me of childhood- games I played as a kid, scavenger hunts, obstacle courses, pillow fights, etc.
What are some activities or experiences that bring you hope?