Sorry, I couldn’t help myself. In addition to loving hope, I also love puns and cheesy word play. So, pardon the interruption in my blogging. It’s been a minute, as I’ve had a lot of exciting things going on. Namely, I got a new jobby job, which has been keeping me pretty busy. And my travel work has simultaneously ramped up (good things come to those who wait, right?), keeping me busy in my spare time.
But I haven’t forgotten about Spread Hope Project. Far from it. I still have my dream of spreading hope as far and wide as possible, and my more feasible goal of one day turning SHP into a real, living and breathing organization (with more people breathing in it than just myself). I’m working on giving my mission and vision for SHP a more solid description, because it’s tough to explain what you do with “I just want to help everyone and give them hope.” The basic idea is, in addition to my photo taking and individual participation in, and organization of, events, I want to partner with local and hyper-local organizations to help get the word about their work and events as well. A collaboration of sorts. I want to serve as a resource, a liaison, between local organizations doing charitable work, and people who want to participate in those activities. Because I know first hand that it’s tough as a solo person or small organization with a big dream to compete with the “big guys” (or ladies) when it comes to marking, promotion, and resources. And while social media certainly makes it easier, the more people you have helping you out, the easier it becomes.
So there’s that. As for myself and Spread Hope Project, here’s a few things that I’ll be personally participating in/doing:
- I signed up for my 5th Out of Darkness Overnight Walk for Suicide Prevention. This cause is very personal and incredibly important to me. I’ll be walking 16-18 miles, overnight, this coming June, in no other than my home city of Philadelphia! I have to raise $1000 to walk. So far I’ve raised $315. If anyone’s so inclined, donation link is here. You can also help in ways that do not include monetary donation, so feel free to reach out to if you’re interested in that.
- I *may* be walking the Get Your Rear in Gear Philadelphia walk for Colon Cancer. Potentially more coming on that soon. Anyone else in the area planning to walk? Let me know!
- I’m going to Greece in just over a month! I’m attending a conference in Athens, and then heading to Santorini and Crete. Greece has been on my travel bucket list for a long time. Keep an eye out for copious Spread Hope in Greece photos in the next month or so.
- My family is doing a full fam (20 of us) trip to Stiges, outside of Barcelona, this summer. Just booked the flights for that. I love Barcelona and Spain. It’ll be my second time in six months. I’m super lucky. Again, lots of Spread Hope in Spain pics on the way in the next few months.
- #SpreadHopeAmbassadors program is still happening. If you’re interested, reach out to me! And don’t forget to hashtag those photos!
There’s probably more, but this is running long, so I’ll stop for now. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and follow us on Instagram, where we post each day as part of the #365DaysofHope Campaign!
Peace, love, and HOPE!